THIS IS THE BLOG/DIARY FOR MIGHTY GIRL ART™! OUR NEW WEBSITE IS LOCATED HERE!

* The purpose of our documentation is to provide a window into the creative process and the interactions within our circle. It keeps the memory of our work together alive and offers a touchstone to revisit later for further reflection by the facilitators, the parents and the children.



* OUR NEW WEBSITE *
- SUMMER DIARY - WINTRY DIARY - TOUR DIARY - ANNOUNCEMENTS


( To register for our workshops, please visit MightyGirlArt.com, thank you! )



Women are the primary resource of the planet. They give birth, we come from them. They are mothers, they are visionaries, they are the future. If we can figure out how to make women feel safe and honor women, it would be parallel or equal to honoring life itself."

- Eve Ensler



Meet Your Mighty Sponsors: Hint Mint

http://www.hintmint.com/

A long LONG time ago, I was standing in line to buy a book when I saw a swell package of mints on the counter.  I read the ingredients and was elated to see that they were vegetarian and did not contain gelatin.  The only thing that bothered me was that the lovely tin had the book store's co branding on it.  SO...I grabbed a sharpie and wrote the name of the company on my hand and peddled my bike back to my Battery Park City flat where I googled the owner of the company.  I sent him an email that went something like this...

Dear Cooper,
I discovered your mints today at a local bookstore in NYC.  I love that that they are vegetarian and I love that they come in a cool metal tin and not plastic.  The only reason I didn't buy them is because of the co-branding.  I realize that this is my own issue, and I have been known to employ a sharpie marker to remove obvious branding from my clothing.  However, I was wondering if you are selling your mints somewhere that does NOT have the co-branding.
Sincerely,
Wendy


WELL....he wrote me back.  Yes, he did!  He also sent me a case of mints WITHOUT the co-branding.  Thus began a correspondence and friendship that has spanned 15 years.  Dare I say I have not since seen a package of Hint Mints with co-branding!  Not only that, Hint Mint also began an Artist Series wherein they engage artists to design art for limited edition tins!  

Cooper is one of the most extraordinary human beings I know, and I thank my lucky stars to have connected with him.  I'm also grateful to Sharpie because that ink not only survived a bike ride from Astor Place to Battery Park City so that I could send that fated email, but I spent the next couple of days with Hint Mint scrawled across my left hand.

And now a message from Cooper Bates....


Dearest Mighty Girl Artists,


I am delighted to share my art and expression with you.  Hint Mint was created because we believed we could make the world a better place by spreading beauty around the world through something as simple as a tin of mints.  What I did not foresee were the friendships I would form through the gift of sharing.  I share with you now in hopes that you too will be inspired to share your gifts and talent with the world.  If you are in the Mighty Girl Art world, you are off to a great start.  If you feel inspired, please drop me a line, Cooper@hintmint.com.  I would love to hear what you think of Hint Mint.  Don't be shy about sharing your work either.

Happy creating,

Cooper Bates
Hint Mint


No comments:

Post a Comment

Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. - Henry James