THIS IS THE BLOG/DIARY FOR MIGHTY GIRL ART™! OUR NEW WEBSITE IS LOCATED HERE!

* The purpose of our documentation is to provide a window into the creative process and the interactions within our circle. It keeps the memory of our work together alive and offers a touchstone to revisit later for further reflection by the facilitators, the parents and the children.



* OUR NEW WEBSITE *
- SUMMER DIARY - WINTRY DIARY - TOUR DIARY - ANNOUNCEMENTS


( To register for our workshops, please visit MightyGirlArt.com, thank you! )



Women are the primary resource of the planet. They give birth, we come from them. They are mothers, they are visionaries, they are the future. If we can figure out how to make women feel safe and honor women, it would be parallel or equal to honoring life itself."

- Eve Ensler



Meet Your Mighty Sponsors: Sarah Bamford Seidelmann


One thing to remember is to talk to the animals. If you do, they will talk back to you. But if you don't talk to the animals, they won't talk back to you, then you won't understand, and when you don't understand you will fear, and when you fear you will destroy the animals, and if you destroy the animals, you will destroy yourself. - Chief Dan George, Tsleil-Waututh (1899 - 1981)


http://followyourfeelgood.com/At Mighty Girl Art™, we often look to nature for inspiration and wisdom.   I have been trying to retrace my steps to find the path that led me to Sarah Seidelmann, but the only thing I can remember is that someone said, "Wendy, I read this book that reminded me of you".  I bought that book straight away and was altogether delighted. 

Sarah is a physician turned shamanic healer and life coach.  This is particular interesting to me because I spent 25+ years working in medicine to support my art-making before I decided to find my own way of combining art and wellness by creating Mighty Girl Art™.   Naturally, I wanted to connect with Sarah and introduce her work to the girls.   I'm so glad that I did.



Dear Mighty Girls,

I want to invite you to CREATE every single day! If you do that in you will most certainly change the world by leaving your beautiful mark on it. Journal! Scribble! Braid! Bake! Dance! And remember to hunt for beauty because it's everywhere:). You were born to FREAK. You were born to express yourself in 1 million different ways. In ways that the earth has never seen before. So go forth and be art!

P.S. With the Beasties by your side there is nothing you cannot do, be or create:).

In peace and pachyderms,
Sarah 


* I should also mention that I have Sarah's handy & dandy app on my iphone...



https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/what-walrus-knows-guide-to/id551627659?mt=8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. - Henry James