Today we got right to work on Giving Tree (wood transfer) Ornaments...
and finished our "blessing cups".
Our final project for the day was Flying Wish Talismans. We used flying wish paper to set our wishes soaring, then collected the ash into a tiny glass vial. We added some sparkle, then sealed the vials with melted wax. This project was inspired by the Holiday Wish Bottles in the Free People catalog...
and also my friend, Becky.
Our closing ceremony for the Wintry Workshop was a Releasing Ceremony. We wrote down all the things we wished to release so to enter the new year a bit lighter. We wrote upon very large leaves which I had collected earlier and set out to dry. We had intended to send them sailing in the creek, but it began to rain so we decided to release them into the fire.
We celebrated with S'mores...
and we said our farewells.
Dear Mighty Girls,
The weeks have gone by so quickly. The fire is out, the supplies are put away, the floors swept and mopped. The candle is still burning in the window and I've been sitting in the dark making a video from our session this morning. It's so quiet...and I already miss your joyful, creative presence.
Well...I guess it's a wrap! Oh, and speaking of wrap, here are some lovely wrapping ideas to inspire you:
- Here's a cool one with free printable tags!
- BEAUTIFUL printable tags from Kelli Murray!
- ADORABLE tree gift toppers!!!
- Wrap gifts in book pages or old maps!
- DIY Starry gift wrap!
- You can make gift tags and/or wrapping paper from copies of old family photos. See Sweet Paul Magazine's Holiday Countdown!
- Some swell ideas from the etsy blog!
- Use black paper and white gel pen for chalkboard wrapping!
- More chalkboard ideas!
- Paper bags make for some charming gift wrap!
- Simple and sweet snow splattered paper!
- Here's how to make a newspaper gift bag!
- And some easy grocery bag pom toppers!
- Create yarn / ribbon from old tee shirts!
- Wonderful printable gift tags!
- Printable calligraphy gift tags!
- Printable Chalkboard Gift Tags!
Have a happy holiday girls! Until we meet again...
Made so & rooted by love,