You don't need to be an artist to take a Mighty Girl Art™ workshop, you just need to be female.
Intuition is an integral part of creativity...as is playfulness, and wonder. Mighty Girl Art™ focuses on these key elements to evoke a sense of sacredness in the creative process, foster awareness, and nurture self-esteem.
WHEN: March 24th - April 14th.
*Registration closes on March 16th.
WHO: Mighty Girl Art™ workshops are designed for tweens/teens, but women enjoy them immensely because within us resides all the ages we've been. Little ones can participate with the help of a big sister, aunt, mom or grandmother.
*There is a translator button on the site so Mighty Girls around the world can tune in!
- If you don't think you're creative, this is the session for you!
- If you know you're creative, but have a nasty habit of comparing yourself to others, this is the session for you!
- If you're shy, or just need your space, this is the session for you!
- If you just can't get enough of Mighty Girl Art™, this is the session for you!
- If you want to form your own Mighty Girl Art™ circle with your pals, this session is for you!
WHERE: Online. Create at your own pace, alone or with friend or family member. Host a Mighty Girl Art™ Spring-e-session party and invite your friends over to your screen and join the fun. *It's a buy one, and bring your bunch free!
Girl Scouts, your troop leaders can register once and all of you meet each week to do the projects together!
WHY: Because we are the gateway to this planet, and that alone is a gift worth celebrating. Because women are born creative, and it's vital that we take time to explore this gift. Because honoring ourselves is equal to honoring life itself. BECAUSE IT'S FUN!
"It is stunning from top to bottom, full of secret places and surprises, chock, chock, chock and bursting. It is a jewel box. Our girls don't have anything like this and what they do have doesn't leave them time to devote to self-discovery and expression. This is so suited to girls who have suffered their first losses of friendship, of power, of certainty, of love . . . who have begun the long season of being overlooked and misunderstood."
- Karen Maezen Miller (author of "Momma Zen" and "hand wash cold")
- Flo Gascon (Wide Sky Days)
"My prayers have been answered: Mighty Girl Art Spring E-Session is SouLodge for girls, and though mine will only be three, I'm also taking it because my inner ten year old wants to be healed through the full-integrity magical offering that is Wendy Cook's heart and soul. Feel her howling call, then walk to the fire with me."
- Pixie Campbell (Keeper of ceremony, sacred fire and the wild deep)
"There are not sufficient words to express the beauty that you have embedded into this offering. I am all at once overwhelmed with joy and excitement and deeply inspired to begin such an art practice with my girls. I have purchased and taken many art e-courses over the years and I have never seen anything so magical. I know it's for girls, but it could very well heal the little lost girl in so many women I know."
- Latisha Guthrie (Herb Mother)
*REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED! Thank you to all who have joined me on this journey! I look forward to circling with you next week!
*Paypal will redirect you to THIS sign in page, please bookmark that page. The classroom will be locked until March 23rd - at that time you will be able to access the classroom and get familiar with the space. The weekly sessions are password protected and will appear in the menu bar each Saturday. Your password will arrive via email on March 17th. Please make sure that the email address you use for Paypal is the SAME email you wish to receive your password as that address will go directly into the class roster. You will not be able to see the weekly sessions without this password!
- Your hands
- your hearts
- your inherent intuition
- Journal – Moleskines are great, but anything will do.
*Boardbooks make wonderful art journals, but will need to be sanded and coated lightly with gesso first.
- Pens, colored pencils, markers, paints, crayons - whatever you have on hand
- Magazine images, papers for collage
- Mod Podge
- Purple-pink tissue paper
- A small crochet doily – found at craft stores like Michaels, Joanns, thrift shops, ebay or your grandma's linen closet
- Charms, beads, found objects like feathers, shells, twigs etc
- Jump rings - found at craft store (clasps, jewelry wire optional)
- Silk cord or hemp cord, or necklace chain of your choice
- Fimo Efaplast clay – found at most craft stores
- A pliable branch that you can easily bend into a circle
- A small, interesting, vase worthy branch
- Pearl cotton crochet thread
Sandpaper, Scissors, Paint Brushes, Jewelry Pliers (or regular pliers will do)
Mighty Girl Art featured in Wild Sister Magazine...hello Australia!
*I would like to thank MaMuse for their generosity and support! It is my honor and pleasure to introduce you to their beautiful music!
"MaMuse is what a meadow would sound like if it could sing"
I would be oh so grateful if you would spread the love, add a Mighty Girl Art button to your site!