THIS IS THE BLOG/DIARY FOR MIGHTY GIRL ART™! OUR NEW WEBSITE IS LOCATED HERE!

* The purpose of our documentation is to provide a window into the creative process and the interactions within our circle. It keeps the memory of our work together alive and offers a touchstone to revisit later for further reflection by the facilitators, the parents and the children.



* OUR NEW WEBSITE *
- SUMMER DIARY - WINTRY DIARY - TOUR DIARY - ANNOUNCEMENTS


( To register for our workshops, please visit MightyGirlArt.com, thank you! )



Women are the primary resource of the planet. They give birth, we come from them. They are mothers, they are visionaries, they are the future. If we can figure out how to make women feel safe and honor women, it would be parallel or equal to honoring life itself."

- Eve Ensler



Day Two: Yeah, You!

July 28, 2009

Today was another wonderful day at Mighty Girl Art. Early in the morning my mighty boy helped me carry the supplies outside and stocked the picnic basket with water. He even held the door while I hauled the mighty tipi into his big red wagon. One of the mighty mamas came to hang with Satch while I was chillin' with the Mighty Girls.

We began the day with gifts: Garden of Wellness cds by Lori Lite.

I can personally attest to the benefits of guided meditation because this amazing nurse used guided imagery with bio feedback to help me manage the stress of IVF while trying to conceive Satch. I still turn to butter at the sound of her voice.

However, I was trying to find someone who had child specific material and that is how I found Lori Lite. Lori sent her Garden of Wellness CDs as a gift to the girls.

Lori has been featured on CBS News, in USA Today, and Prevention Magazine. Her mission is to "empower children to be active participants in creating their own calm, peaceful, heart driven lives". She utilizes story telling, guided imagery and meditation as tools to help children manage anxiety, and stress while promoting self-esteem.

After the gifts were bestowed we went to work on our journals again, adding collage elements.




















































While our journals were drying in the sun, we ate our snacks. One of the mighty moms brought over some delicious sliced watermelon. We painted a few rocks and then the Mighty Girls painted themselves!

















I asked the girls if they liked the name of the camp and the reply was an immediate exuberant, YESSSS! I asked them what mighty means to them and they replied, "strong, confident, powerful". So, I thought I would give the girls the text prompt, "I feel mighty when I_____", and let them build a page around that prompt. Soon after, messages began to appear on the drop cloth.

















The girls have taken ownership of the camp and this thrills me to my core. It's officially THEIR camp! They arrived early to help us set up, take down the tipi and haul the wagon full of supplies back to my nest.

And there was this new message on the drop cloth...














To be continued...


~*~

You're beautiful like a flower
More valuable than a diamond
You are powerful like a fire
You can heal the world with your mind
There is nothing in the world that you cannot do
When you believe in you, who are beautiful
yeah, you, who are brilliant
yeah, you, who are powerful
yeah, you, who are resilient
- India Arie

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. - Henry James