THIS IS THE BLOG/DIARY FOR MIGHTY GIRL ART™! OUR NEW WEBSITE IS LOCATED HERE!

* The purpose of our documentation is to provide a window into the creative process and the interactions within our circle. It keeps the memory of our work together alive and offers a touchstone to revisit later for further reflection by the facilitators, the parents and the children.



* OUR NEW WEBSITE *
- SUMMER DIARY - WINTRY DIARY - TOUR DIARY - ANNOUNCEMENTS


( To register for our workshops, please visit MightyGirlArt.com, thank you! )



Women are the primary resource of the planet. They give birth, we come from them. They are mothers, they are visionaries, they are the future. If we can figure out how to make women feel safe and honor women, it would be parallel or equal to honoring life itself."

- Eve Ensler



Day Five: Blessing Manifested

July 31, 2009

When I arrived at our campsite to set up the mighty tipi, I saw this on the ground and it gave me a smile! When I returned with the wagon to pick up the supplies, the Mighty Girls were already beginning to arrive to help.

















I decided that our last day together should be flexible and free since it was a scorcher. Our thought for the day was: Being our authentic ourselves helps others to feel comfortable with who they are. The final gift came from Chronicle Books, "Living Out Loud" by Keri Smith, a mighty mama, author and artist who is an expert at being herself.

















The girls spent some time looking through their books before we began our projects. Our first project was decorating Mighty K's cast. She wiped out on her bicycle last night and broke her hand. Yet she still came to the mighty tipi!

















Next we made lanterns. This is one of my mighty boy's favorite crafts. I gave all the girls a tiny battery operated candle to put inside.





































We snacked on delicious banana bread made by a super mighty mom. Later, since the girls felt that their journals were complete, we made tissue paper flowers.





































We spotted a wee mighty girl in the distance staring wide eyed with wonder at the mighty tipi so we invited her in to join us.






















I think we were all beginning to wilt from the heat so I decided to do the "I see you ceremony". I asked the girls to get their tags from our first day, but keep them well hidden. We formed a sacred circle. The girls had no idea what we were about to do. I asked the girls to address her secret mighty girl with _____, I see you. I asked that when their name was called to respond, "I am here". Then I asked them to tell her all the admirable qualities she observed during the week. I began the ceremony and it went like this...


Me: Mighty V, I see you.

MV: I am here.

Me: This week I saw in you... compassion, humor, and playfulness.


And then I gave her tag that I embellished last night so that it could be used as a bookmark. We went around the circle telling each other what we observed and admired during our secret mission. Giving and receiving. I found it deeply moving and had to fight back tears so the girls wouldn't think I as a complete dork.

















After the closing ceremony the mighty intern, Jessica, gave everyone a bouquet of edible plants that were grown by her mother and all arranged in interesting bottles. There was echinacea, purple basil, mint, sunflower and rosemary.






















Just when I thought we would all flip out from the heat...

















Flippin' Pizza arrived just in time with FOUR pies for the girls!

The girls munched, shared some laughs, exchanged phone numbers before we took down the mighty tipi and said our goodbyes.

















It's been a wondrous week. WONDROUS! And I'm going to miss these girls. I'm looking forward to Mighty Girl Art in 2010. And I'll keep you posted about the rumored mini workshops. Until then, I would like to thank my sponsors and my mighty friends for helping me provide the girls with more than I ever could on my own. I would like to thank the mighty moms for the yummy snacks, beautiful flowers, and entertaining mighty boy. I would like to thank my mighty husband for supporting my dream. I would like to thank my mighty boy for his patience and sharing his mama. I would like to thank my mighty intern for her mighty presence. And I would like to thank McCabe for believing in me!

And most of all...thank you, Mighty Girls, for shining so brightly and for blessing me with your presence!

Peace, Love, Free!
Wendy

~*~

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson

~*~


3 comments:

Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. - Henry James